Saturday, June 21, 2014

Multimedia

   When I hear multimedia I think there is some fear inside of me. The fear of not being able to adjust to becoming the teacher who uses those resources in her classroom but most of all I am fearful that if I don't adjust or conform to the new changes in the education field that I, Kenya Brown, am at risk of letting my students down because as a teacher I know they in some way, shape, or form look up to me and expect me to have all the answers as an educator. As an educator teachers take an oath to make any changes necessary to make sure that every student takes a mind full of knowledge at the end of every lesson. 
    Here are three ideas I thought were important after reading these articles. Multimedia allows teachers to get creative with lesson plans and increases the amount of hands on activities and greater interaction between the student the assignment. Lecture slides/ presentations such as power points are used in classrooms to give students a visual image of lesson being taught instead of just a lecture full of information and only that. Prezi offers teachers practically a worldwide way to to interact with one another and maybe exchange classroom, homework, arts and crafts ideas and give feedback as well as receive it back. Multimedia as a whole can be very helpful to not only students but teachers also. In instances students have a chance to learn at their own pace making it easier for a student to research a certain without all the hassle of checking out books from a library and hauling the extra luggage of those books around. But Multimedia can also be a con in a classroom setting it can lead to acts of plagiarism on homework assignments, projects, and research papers. there is so much information out there on the web and some of the info on those website can be placed on a website just as easy as copy and pasting.
 
There is so much in the world that has yet to discovered and or studied; multimedia open that gateway not only for researchers but also for teachers to stay on top of current events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment